Out of Stock
Manufacturer: Ivoclar Vivadent
Glycerin gel to prevent the oxygen-inhibited layer of composites with composite or ceramic restorations.
The glycerin gel can be used to fill the cement gap during the try-in and thus simulate the influence of the bonding composite on shading. This permits realistic evaluation of the restoration’s shading. For an even more accurate simulation of the Variolink®II luting composite system, shaded glycerin pastes (Variolink II Try-In pastes) are also available.
Composites are subject to oxygen inhibition, i.e. the surface layer of the composite that is not covered with a matrix and comes in contact with oxygen during polymerization is not polymerized (approx. 50 µm). If this layer is covered with Liquid Strip and thus protected from oxygen, the composite is thoroughly polymerized.
Glycerine gel that is impermeable to oxygen, used as aid in the polymerization of adhesive luting composites and self-adhesive resin cements as well as in the try-in of restorations.
Composition Liquid Strip contains glycerine, water, highly dispersed silicon dioxide and highly dispersed aluminium oxide.
Intended use – Prevention of oxygen inhibition during the polymerization of adhesive luting composites and self-adhesive resin cements. – Try-in of restorations.
The hygroscopic Liquid Strip paste causes fluid movement within the dentin tubules. As a result, the patient may feel temporary discomfort. Therefore, the try-in procedure should be carried out under anaesthetic or after desensitization with a desensitizer (e.g. Telio® Desensitizer).
1. Prevention of oxygen inhibition
– Insert the restoration using a resin-based luting material (e.g. Variolink® Esthetic, Multilink® Automix or SpeedCEM® Plus). – Remove excess luting material. – Apply Liquid Strip to the restoration margins. Important! If using a lowviscosity luting material, apply Liquid Strip cautiously to avoid blending it with or displacing the luting material. – Polymerize the luting material through the Liquid Strip layer. – If using a self-curing luting material, leave the glycerine gel in place until polymerization is complete. – Rinse off Liquid Strip with water. – Smooth the cement joints with finishing and polishing strips and polish with suitable polishers (e.g. OptraGloss®).
2. Try-in of restorations – Apply a small quantity of Liquid Strip to the restoration and then seat the restoration carefully without pressure.
– If the restoration cannot be seated easily, check the inner surface of the restoration as well as the proximal regions for any premature contacts. Do not forcefully seat the restoration (risk of fracture!). Note: The occlusion of brittle ceramic restorations should be checked very cautiously or only after the restorations have been permanently cemented, as there is a risk of fracture.
– Liquid Strip is water-soluble and can be easily removed under running tap water or using ultrasonic cleaners. Make sure to thoroughly clean and dry the restoration. – Thoroughly clean the tooth structure with water spray. – Subsequently, place the restoration permanently using your chosen luting material (see Instructions for Use of the luting material).
Shelf life and storage – Store Liquid Strip at 2–28 °C (54–82 °F).
– Do not use Liquid Strip after the indicated date of expiration.
– After dispensing the material, remove the application tip from the syringe and re-seal the syringe with the original cap!
– Expiration date: See note on syringes and packages.
Keep out of the reach of children! For use in dentistry only!
The material has been developed solely for use in dentistry. Processing should be carried out strictly according to the Instructions for Use. Liability cannot be accepted for damages resulting from failure to observe the Instructions or the stipulated area of application. The user is responsible for testing the material for its suitability and use for any purpose not explicitly stated in the Instructions.
Be the First to Know. Sign up for upcoming deals and offers today
Coltene, over the years since its establishment, has emerged as one of the le...
Good oral health plays an important role in our lives. It has several life-ch...
Good oral health and hygiene have plentiful benefits. It not just earns you a...
Dental braces are dental devices that orthodontists use to reposition and str...
Dental bonding also known as teeth bonding is a cosmetic procedure done to re...
Shop no. 44 , Block -C, Second Floor , Near Gate No.2, Palam Vihar Vyapar Kendra, Gurgaon, Haryana- 122017, India
Copyright ©2021 ID Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. Developed By DO Communication