For decades, 3M ESPE has been the trailblazer in the glass ionomer success story.Just like you as a dentist, we see a real need for differentiated therapy. Thus, glass ionomers are only part of our comprehensive product offering.It's true that they don’t represent a universally applicable restoration material, but they provide excellent results with little effort for many indications.
• High flexural strength,reduces the risk of restoration fracture.
• Adhesion to enamel and dentin.
• Long-term fluoride release.
• Low acid erosion.
Glass ionomers have been available to the profession for nearly a quarter of a century, and throughout this time 3M ESPE has continuously set new standards. Products such as Ketac™ Cem, Ketac™ Fil, Vitremer™ and Ketac™ Molar have each in turn broken new ground in the area of GIC development. Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART) is a low risk economical procedure and can often save a tooth from extraction.
By manually excavating the caries and filling the cavity with glass ionomer you can conserve tooth tissue and reduce the chance for further decay. In 1997 3M ESPE launched Ketac Molar, a product that has proven its worth many thousand of times since then. Ketac Molar Easymix represents the latest contribution to the development of GIC.
It has excellent compressive and flexural strength and thus is able to counteract occlusal loading, preventing restoration fracture. With its new granulated formula, Ketac Molar Easymix is also easier for you to handle:
• The improved wettability means it mixes faster and more easily.
• You can measure this pourable powder more exactly, for accurate, reproducible mixing results.
• The granulated powder produces less dust, improving hygiene in your workplace. Over time, Ketac Molar has attracted considerable scientific interest, and a wide range of studies have been published. In this brochure, you will find a review of the most important publications to date, along with answers to frequently asked questions about glass ionomer filling materials. Our goal is to keep you informed and help you to make up your own mind about Ketac Molar.
Remineralizing effects of Ketac Molar Ketac Molar has been shown to inhibit demineralization of enamel in artificial caries studies . Polarized light microscopy was used to measure the width of inhibition zones created by various materials against acid attack on enamel. Ketac Molar gave demineralization-free zones of 25% compared with Fuji IX with 21%. The authors reported that the artificial demineralizing solution used, which had a pH of 4.7, caused a significant erosive surface loss of 51 microns for Fuji IX compared with 9 microns for Ketac Molar. Jang et al  evaluated the ability of glass ionomer materials to remineralize adjacent interproximal incipient caries lesions in vitro. Ketac Molar resulted in a 20% (sd=17) reduction in lesion area compared with Fuji IX at 15% (sd=8). Caries protective effects of Ketac Molar Microhardness measurements were used to test the protective effect of Ketac Molar and other glass ionomer restoratives placed in cavities in sound bovine enamel . The sterilized tooth slabs with the test restorations were inserted into dentures worn by volunteers and were exposed to cariogenic conditions for 70 days. Compared to the resin composite control, Ketac Molar had a 69% caries protective effect, a statistically significant result.
Out of Stock
Be the First to Know. Sign up for upcoming deals and offers today
Shop no. 44 , Block -C, Second Floor , Near Gate No.2, Palam Vihar Vyapar Kendra, Gurgaon, Haryana- 122017, India
Copyright ©2021 ID Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.