Natural optical properties
Luna contains the right balance of optical elements such as fl uorescence and translucency to produce a chameleon effect with the natural dentition without using a complicated multi-layering technique. The relationship between colours and translucency of Luna is carefully balanced out to cleverly change according to the thickness of the material used when restoring a tooth. Luna is the ideal composite for a busy dental offi ce looking for aesthetic results.
The low shrinkage of Luna minimizes post-operative sensitivity and microleakage; an effective seal against microleakage decreases the potential for secondary caries development. Luna has low polymerization shrinkage as it utilizes longer resin chains with fewer monomer links.
The high compressive strength of Luna enhances longevity of a composite by withstanding oral grinding forces. Luna’s optimum fi ller level maximizes strength.
Luna’s non-stick handling is ideal for restoring anterior and posterior restorations. Its non-stick to placement instruments nature is perfect for gentle packing, contouring and easy sculpting.
The unique high level of strontium aluminosilicate fi ller in Luna makes it easy to detect on X-rays
High filler level
Containing micro particles of strontium based glass and high loading, Luna can provide outstanding wear profi le for your patients.
Combining nano-hybrid and micro filler particle technology together with non-stick handling, the radiopaque light cured, condensable and low shrinkage composite, Luna offers polishability and strength on an unprecedented scale for anterior and posterior restorations alike.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
1. Clean and isolate tooth. Rubber dam is the preferred mode of isolation.
2. Prepare a conservative cavity, employing standard techniques. 3. Use a calcium hydroxide liner and appropriate glass ionomer cement liner to protect deep cavity preparations in close proximity to the pulp.
4. Select composite shade by matching with a clean and moist tooth using the SDI composite shade guide.
5. Apply bonding system according to manufacturer’s instructions, or apply Stae single component dentin/ enamel adhesive as follows: a) Thoroughly dry the bonding surfaces of the tooth with dry, oil-free air. b) Etch with Super Etch 37% phosphoric acid (SDI Limited) for at least 20 seconds. NOTE: Enamel subjected to fluoridation should be etched for 90 to 120 seconds. IMPORTANT: If using an etch syringe, ensure that the dispensing tip hub is firmly attached to the syringe by twisting the hub securely onto the syringe. On first usage or after prolonged storage, extrude a small amount onto a mixing pad for familiarity with the etchant’s viscosity and rate of extrusion. c) Wash thoroughly with water. d) Remove excess water. Keep moist. Avoid contamination e.g. saliva. e) Apply Stae to saturate all internal surfaces. f) Blow gently with dry, oil-free air to evaporate solvent. Leave surface glossy. g) Light cure for 10 seconds.
6. Place composite in increments of 2mm or less. NOTE: If using the syringe system, after each use, turn the screw plunger anti-clockwise half a turn to release any built up pressure.
7. Light cure each increment for at least 10 seconds for light shades and at least 20 seconds for dark and/or opaque shades using a high powered LED light such as the Radii Plus (SDI Limited).
8. Shape, polish and finish employing standard techniques.
OPTION: Additional polishing using polishing paste: After step 8, polishing paste may be used to give the composite a lustrous finish, using the following steps:
(i) Apply Polishing Paste (SDI Limited) to a rubber cup or disc.
(ii) Smear a thin layer of paste onto the restoration.
(iii) Add a small amount of water to both the tooth and cup. Polish for 30 seconds at low speed and light pressure.
(iv) Wash and dry.
STORAGE AND HANDLING:
• Store at temperatures between 10° and 25°C (50°- 77°F).
• Use at room temperature between 20° and 25°C (68°- 77°F).
• Syringe system: when not in use replace the cap tightly.
PRECAUTIONS: • Avoid prolonged contact of etchant, adhesive and composite with the skin or oral tissue, as it may cause inflammation of the oral tissues or skin sensitization.
• For professional use only. • Keep out of reach of children. • Do not take internally. • Do not use after expiry date. • Do not expose material to direct light.
• Caution: Federal Law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a dentist. • SDS available at www.sdi.com.au or contact your regional representative.
FIRST AID: • Eye (contact): Wash thoroughly with water and seek medical attention.
• Skin (contact): Remove using a cloth or sponge soaked in alcohol. Wash thoroughly with water.
• Ingestion: Drink plenty of water/milk. Seek medical attention if symptoms persist.
• Inhalation: No symptoms expected.
Be the First to Know. Sign up for upcoming deals and offers today
Coltene, over the years since its establishment, has emerged as one of the le...
Good oral health plays an important role in our lives. It has several life-ch...
Good oral health and hygiene have plentiful benefits. It not just earns you a...
Dental braces are dental devices that orthodontists use to reposition and str...
Dental bonding also known as teeth bonding is a cosmetic procedure done to re...
Shop no. 44 , Block -C, Second Floor , Near Gate No.2, Palam Vihar Vyapar Kendra, Gurgaon, Haryana- 122017, India
Copyright ©2021 ID Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. Developed By DO Communication