Colocast is a Demineralized bone matrix of type-1
Collagen which is biocompatible and bioresorbable, widely used for treating bone defects in dentistry, orthopedic and other surgical procedures. High purity type I collagen derived from bone is essential for tissue regeneration and remodeling in any osseous defect. Colocast has been subjected to a bioassay of bone growth factors present in demineralised cortical bone and is prepared from bovine cortical bone samples resulting in non immunogenic flowable particles of approximately 200-700 micron size.
Product Advantages :
- Easily Moldable and capable of attracting appropriate tissue regenerative cells.
- Fully Resorbable matrix augumenting bone growth and promoting the formation of native bone.
- Osteonductive & osteoconductive for better bioactivity.
- Safe and effective.
Product Applications :
- Ridge and sinus augmentation
- Bone augmentation around implants
- Periodontal Regeneration
- Oral Surgery
- Other Orthopaedic Application.
Application Method : Open the package in a clean sterile environment. Open the vial containing the material and mix it with few drops of sterile normal saline solution or autologuous blood to make into a paste like consistency. This can be used for bone void filling.
- Like any other surgical procedure, care to be taken to monitor the health condition and the medication like steroid or anti coagulants taken by the patient which might affect the surgical procedure.
- Colocast should not be resterilised or re-used..Once the package is opened, it is advised that the unused portions of the colocast be discarded.
- Colocast is contraindicated for highly sensitive partients for bone graft materials.
- Colocast is contraindicated in infectious cancerous areas, unless it is addressed properly.
- Colocast is contraindicated in clinical situations where any bone filling surgery should not be performed due to other pathological conditions.
Post Operative Care : Colocast is totally resorbable and should not be removed unless any other complications arises due to infection or other reasons. For periodontal packing application, colocast may be applied to the woundsite and proper care mutst be taken not to over compress the area. Patients should rinse with an appropriate antimicrobial agent of clinician's choice, twice daily for 2 weeks. The patients should avoid :
- Brushing the treated area for 2 weeks from the surgery date.
- Flossing for 4 weeks from the surgery date
- It is recommended to brush the area only with soft brush after 2-3 weeks following the surgery.
- Probing and sub-gingivial scaling should be avoided till completion of 8 weeks to prevent possible damage to the immature regenerating tissue underneath.
Storage : Colocast can be stored under ambient temperature not exceeding 400c.
Size Available : 0.25gm and 0.50gm