Coltene ROEKO Gelatamp Blister Pack Gelatine Sponge 20pcs/pk Swiss
Gelatamp is a gelatine sponge for the prophylaxis of wound infections and secondary bleeding after extractions. Gelatamp contains colloidal silver and is therefore distinctly different from pure gelatine sponges. The silver leads to a broad antibacterial effect over the entire absorption time and gives gelatamp its specific brown colour.
- Rapid initial hemostasis
- Stabilization of the coagulum
- Broad bactericidal depot effect
- Complete resorption
- Hardened gelatine Ph. Eur. 9.5 mg
- Colloid silver Ph. Eur. 0.5 mg
The treatment of alveoli and wound cavities, e.g. after
- Apical amputations
- Maxillary sinus perforations
- Other surgical treatments (removal of tumours or retained teeth)
- Secondary cavity formation
- Wound infections
- Secondary haemorrhage prophylaxis as well as a dressing after gingivectomy and in periodontopathies
- Rapid initial haemostasis following extractions is an important step in initiating wound healing.
- The haemostatic process forms a coagulum which is the decisive link to the resulting granulation tissue which finally replaces the coagulum.
- Disturbances in wound healing often occur if the coagulum is not formed, a formed coagulum is destroyed or if it is lost due to inappropriate post-operative patient behaviour.
- The use of Gelatamp counteracts these influencing factors in various ways and has been proven to reduce disturbances in wound healing.
- Pack of 20 pcs (14x7x7 mm size)