Coltene Biosonic S1L Portable Scaler Digitally controlled, automatic frequency tracking ensures unit will consistently work at the best frequency and Re-usable metal filter traps debris from entering unit, allowing efficient water flow, Handpiece is made from titanium alloy, making it extremely durable and autoclavable. Three Pre-Set Options: General Scaling, Periodontal and Endodontic procedures.Ten unique power settings
BioSonic® S1 Piezo Ultrasonic Scaler
CAUTION: Federal law restricts this device to sale by, or on the order of, a licensed healthcare practitioner.
An essential part of your periodontal and prophylaxis therapy, as well as, root canal treatment.
Congratulations on your purchase of a Coltène/Whaledent BioSonic® S1 Piezo Ultrasonic Scaler. Developed specifically for use by dental hygienists, dentists, periodontists, and endodontists, Coltène/Whaledent’s Biosonic® S1 Piezo Ultrasonic Scaler (here-inafter referred to in this manual as the “unit”) is uniquely designed to save time by being a multi-functional device for general scaling as well as perio and endo dental procedures
Piezo Ultrasonic Applications
A. Patient preparation and positioning
• Have the patient perform an antimicrobial pre-procedural mouth-rinse for up to 60 seconds to reduce bacterial contamination of the aerosol. • Place the dental chair in a supine position for optimal access to both the maxillary and mandibular arches. This improves patient comfort and increases clinician visibility. • Position the patient’s head for optimum access to the quadrant and tooth surface being treated. Evacuate water and debris with a saliva ejector or high volume evacuator.
B. General scaling procedures
1. Open the main shut-off valve on the dental office water supply. 2. Turn the unit ON using the ON/OFF Power Switch. The power level will be at the number 5 position (Fig. 3). 3. Make sure the Water Control Knob is turned to the maximum position (Fig. 1). 4. Hold the Handpiece (without the tip screwed on) over a sink or drain and flush thoroughly. 5. Select a suitable BioSonic® Piezo Scaler Tip which has been sterilized. Screw on the tip by aligning the threaded end of the tip to the threaded connection at the top of the handpiece. Tighten the tip with the supplied Tip Wrench until tight. According to the tip chosen, use the suggested power level (See Section VIII B.).
6. Step on the Foot Switch. The tip will begin to vibrate. Turn the Water Control Knob until a fine spray is formed in order to cool down the Handpiece and rinse the teeth. 7. The water and power levels can be adjusted during clinical treatment according to a patient’s sensitivity and the rigidity of the gingival tartar. 8. There are 10 different power levels from which to choose with the BioSonic® S1 Piezo Ultrasonic Scaler. 9. Three pre-set options are also available: General (G) – Level 5 Perio (P) – Level 3 Endo (E) – Level 1 10. After treatment, keep the unit running in order to rinse off the tip.
• Use the lowest effective power setting possible when scaling. • If the Handpiece or tip becomes hot to the touch, there is either too little water, too much power or both. Adjust power and/or water settings accordingly. • Periodically check the BioSonic® Piezo Tips for wear. A wear guide is included in this package. • It is best to hold the Handpiece in a pen grasp using a very light touch when scaling both supra and subgingival.
• There are two rubber O-rings at the Handpiece connection. Lubricating the O-ring with a small amount of Petroleum Jelly could prolong the life of the O-rings. • Periodically check and inspect the tips, Power Cords, water lines, connections, and Handpiece for wear. • If sensitivity persists, alternate treatment of the sensitive areas and/or decrease the power setting.
Out of Stock
Be the First to Know. Sign up for upcoming deals and offers today
Coltene, over the years since its establishment, has emerged as one of the le...
Good oral health plays an important role in our lives. It has several life-ch...
Good oral health and hygiene have plentiful benefits. It not just earns you a...
Dental braces are dental devices that orthodontists use to reposition and str...
Dental bonding also known as teeth bonding is a cosmetic procedure done to re...
Shop no. 44 , Block -C, Second Floor , Near Gate No.2, Palam Vihar Vyapar Kendra, Gurgaon, Haryana- 122017, India
Copyright ©2021 ID Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. Developed By DO Communication