Manufacturer: Dentsply Sirona
Calibra Universal is a two-component, dual-cure, high strength self-adhesive resin cement which contains fluoride. It combines esthetic shading with a self-etching adhesive, without application of a separate dentin/enamel adhesive bonding agent/system.
4.5 Gm 2/Pk Total 9 gram
1. PRE-TREATMENT Follow dental lab or restoration’s manufacturer’s directions for pre-treatment of the intaglio surface of the restoration, if required.
2. APPLY CALIBRA UNIVERSAL CEMENT Dispense and discard a small amount of material from the dual-barreled syringe. Attach mixing tip. Apply a thin, uniform layer of Calibra Universal Cement to the entire intaglio surface of the restoration.
3. SEAT RESTORATION Protect restoration from contamination and movement until the final set of the cement (6 minutes from start of mix or completion of light curing).
4A. CLEAN UP EXCESS: SELF CURE The excess cement will reach the “gelled” state after approximately 1-2 minutes in the mouth. Excess cement will remain in the gelled state for approximately 1 minute. NOTE: Cement within the crown has not yet set. Do not move, torque, or disturb the crown during cleanup. 4B. CLEAN UP EXCESS: DUAL CURE Light curing to facilitate cleanup must be accomplished within the first minute following intraoral insertion. Light cure excess cement at the margins by constantly moving the curing light tip around the margins for no more than 5 seconds per surface (buccal and lingual). Excess cement will reach a “gelled” state after this brief cure. The excess cement will remain in the “gelled” state for approximately 45 seconds following light exposure.
5. REMOVE EXCESS CEMENT Protect restoration from movement during the gel phase cleanup through the final set. 6B. LIGHT CURE LIGHT TRANSMISSIBLE RESTORATIONS Light cure all areas for 10 seconds from each direction – buccal, lingual and occlusal. 6A. SELF CURE AND DUAL CURE FOR NON-LIGHT TRANSMISSIBLE RESTORATIONS Light cure margins for 20-40 seconds (in dual cure mode). Allow Calibra Universal Cement to self cure without disturbing for 6 minutes from start of mix. 7. FINISH & POLISH Removal of resin flash is best accomplished with the Enhance® Finishing System and polish using Enhance® PoGo® Polishing System (see complete Directions for Use).
• Tooth preparation should leave the tooth surface moist, evenly glistening with moisture. Dry preparations (air-dried or alcohol-dried), and wet preparations (with pooled surface water), can reduce adhesion. The adjacent teeth and/or the external surfaces of the restoration may be lubricated with a water soluble medium to ease cleanup of excess cement.
• Stabilize restorations (e.g. with a finger) during gel phase cleanup and throughout the final set.
• For excess cement cleanup, monowave output LED lights with a single peak output around 470nm are recommended. High power, dual or broad spectrum lights may cause premature hardening of excess cement. Check curing light effect on mixed cement in the laboratory prior to clinical use.
• Remove floss horizontally through interproximals during cleanup so as not to dislodge the restoration before the cement has completely set.
• Cement at the margins may appear set before cement within the restoration is set. Do not move, torque or disturb restoration until final set of the cement (6 min. from the start of mix or in the case of light-transmissible restorations upon completion of light curing).
• Stabilize restorations with occlusal pressure while the patient waits the full 6 minutes from start of mix in self cure and dual cure mode or upon completion of light curing each surface (buccal, lingual, occlusal).
For Feldspathic Porcelain, Leucite-reinforced Ceramic, Lithium Disilicate Ceramic, Zirconia-reinforced Lithium Silicate: Etch the bonding surfaces with hydrofluoric acid and use Calibra® Silane Coupling Agent on intaglio. If the intaglio surface of the restoration designed to be silanated has been disturbed during try-in, apply Calibra Silane Coupling Agent following directions for use.
For Zirconia-based Ceramic: Sandblast. Follow the dental laboratory or restoration’s manufacturer’s directions for pre-treatment.
Out of Stock
Be the First to Know. Sign up for upcoming deals and offers today
Shop no. 44 , Block -C, Second Floor , Near Gate No.2, Palam Vihar Vyapar Kendra, Gurgaon, Haryana- 122017, India
Copyright ©2021 ID Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.