Manufacturer: Ivoclar Vivadent
Te-Econom Bond is a single-component bonding agent for enamel and dentin bonding in conjunction with the total-etch technique.
Instructions for Use
Eco-Etch contains phosphoric acid (37 % wt in water), thickeners and pigments.
Te-Econom Bond consists of HEMA, di- and monomethacrylates, inorganic fillers, initiators and stabilizers in an alcohol solution.
Te-Econom Flow consists of dimethacrylates (37 % wt), inorganic fillers (62 % wt or 38 % vol) with a particle size between 0.04 and 7 µm, initiators, stabilizers and pigments (1 % wt).
Te-Econom Plus consists of dimethacrylate and TEGDMA (22 wt%). The fillers include barium glass, ytterbium trifluoride, silicon dioxide and mixed oxide (76 wt% or 60 vol%). Additives, initiators, stabilizers and pigments are additional contents (2 wt%). The particle size of inorganic fillers is between 0.04 and 7 µm. The mean particle size is 850 nm.
– Glass ionomer-based liners may be dissolved by Eco-Etch.
– Substances containing eugenol/clove oil inhibit the polymerization of resin-based materials.
– Discolouration may occur in combination with cationic mouthwashes, plaque disclosing agents and chlorhexidine.
1. Select the shade. For facilitated access to the treatment field, the flexible and patient-friendly mouth opener OptraGate® can be used.
2. Establish sufficient isolation, preferably with a rubber dam (complete isolation is ensured with, for example, the anatomically shaped OptraDam® Plus).
3. Prepare the cavity according to the requirements of the adhesive technique.
4. Clean the cavity with water spray.
5. Air dry the cavity.
6. Apply a pulp protector (calcium hydroxide) if needed; only cover areas close to the pulp and subsequently apply a pressureresistant cement (e.g. Vivaglass® Liner).
7. Place a matrix (e.g. the selectively thinned OptraMatrix®) and an interdental wedge, if required.
8. Apply Eco-Etch on the enamel and then on dentin and allow a reaction time of 30 seconds on enamel and 15 seconds on dentin. After that, thoroughly rinse with water spray and dry the tooth surfaces with oil-free compressed air. Avoid dehydrating the dentin.
9. Apply a generous amount of Te-Econom Bond on enamel and dentin, using the enclosed applicator brush. Brush the material gently into the dentin for 10 s. Next, evaporate any remaining solvent with a slow stream of air. Lightcure the adhesive according to the curing time recommendations below. Ensure complete coverage of the preparation surface.
10. Apply Te-Econom Flow in layers of a max. of 2 mm and light cure according to the curing recommendations below. Apply Te-Econom Plus in layers of max. 2 mm and adapt/contour the material with a suitable instrument (e.g. OptraSculpt®). The OptraContact® instrument can be used to selectively position high-quality proximal contacts. Polymerize each layer individually according to the table below. Hold the light emission window as closely as possible to the surface of the restorative material.
11. Finish the restoration with suitable finishers or fine diamonds. Subsequently, check the occlusion. Polish with silicone polishers (e.g. OptraPol ® Next Generation).
Special note If fresh composite is applied to polished material, it must first be roughened and wetted with Heliobond.
– Eco-Etch contains phosphoric acid and is corrosive. Avoid contact with the eyes, mucous membranes, and skin. Goggles are recommended for both patients and operators.
– Unpolymerized Te-Econom Bond/Flow/Plus should not come in contact with skin/mucous membranes. The unpolymerized products may have an irritating effect and lead to sensitization against methacrylates.
– After contact of Eco-Etch or Te-Econom Bond with the eyes, immediately rinse with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes and see a physician/ophthalmologist.
– After skin contact with Eco-Etch or Te-Econom Bond, immediately rinse with soap and water. After contact with sensitive materials (surfaces, clothing), immediately clean with copious amounts of water. – Commercial medical gloves do not provide protection against the sensitizing effect of methacrylates.
Storage and hygiene
– Storage temperature 2–28 °C (36–82 °F). – Close syringe and bottle immediately after use. Exposure to light causes premature polymerization. – Expiry date: see note on respective delivery form.
– Do not use any of these products after the indicated date of expiration. – Do not disinfect syringes with oxidizing disinfectants.
– If Te-Econom Plus is applied from the Cavifil directly in the mouth of the patient, the Cavifil must not be used for more than one patient due to hygienic reasons (prevention of crosscontamination between patients).
Out of Stock
Be the First to Know. Sign up for upcoming deals and offers today
Coltene, over the years since its establishment, has emerged as one of the le...
Good oral health plays an important role in our lives. It has several life-ch...
Good oral health and hygiene have plentiful benefits. It not just earns you a...
Dental braces are dental devices that orthodontists use to reposition and str...
Dental bonding also known as teeth bonding is a cosmetic procedure done to re...
Shop no. 44 , Block -C, Second Floor , Near Gate No.2, Palam Vihar Vyapar Kendra, Gurgaon, Haryana- 122017, India
Copyright ©2021 ID Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. Developed By DO Communication